Womens Basketball Hall of Fame
BullockSmith designed this 32,000SF national sports museum as the cornerstone of Knoxville’s river front development. The facility features interactive exhibits and memorabilia displays, a gift shop, conference space, and a glazed rotunda suitable for special events that has a spectacular view of the Tennessee River and the Great Smoky Mountains. The north hall is topped with a 30’ tall basketball, the world’s largest, on a steel and glass “net” structure that has become an icon for downtown Knoxville and guides visitors to the Hall of Fame and the river front tourist district.
- Conceptual Design
- Full Architectural Services
- International Excellence in Masonry – Second Place
- Knoxville-Knox County Metropolitan Planning Commission Excellence Award
- AIA East Tennessee Merit Award
- AIA East Tennessee Excellence in Masonry